MidiSheetMusic runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Android. The latest version is 2.6
Please see the Installation section below for supported Operating Systems. Microsoft Windows XP requires an additional download in order for MidiSheetMusic to work.
Additional source downloads are available at the project homepage, at
What's new in version 2.6
- Show list of recently opened MIDI files
- Support drag-and-drop of MIDI files
- Fix error where there's no sound (tracks are muted)
- Fix error where lyrics are not shown
- Fix errors opening MIDI files.
What's new in version 2.5
- Display lyrics
- Save sheet music as PDF document
- Song settings are saved, and restored when you re-open MidiSheetMusic
- Allow increasing playback speed, in addition to slowing it down
- Play the music for non-displayed tracks.
- Click on the sheet music to set the starting position.
Download the MidiSheetMusic-2.4.exe file, and double-click to run.
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows XP + Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
For Windows XP, you must download and install
the Microsoft .NET framework.
Otherwise, MidiSheetMusic will not run on Windows XP.
You can download the Microsoft .NET framework for free at
To determine if the Microsoft .NET Framework is installed,
check if the following directory exists:
Mac OS X
Requires: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
Download the MidiSheetMusic-2.4-mac.zip file.
Double-click on the zip file. The MidiSheetMusic-2.4.app icon will appear.
Drag the MidiSheetMusic-2.4 icon into the Applications folder, and into the Dock.
Requires: Linux Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) or higher. To install:
Double-click the midisheetmusic-2.4-linux.ubuntu.deb.
The Ubuntu Package Installer window will appear.
Click the Install Package button to complete the installation.
MidiSheetMusic has a dependency on the Timidity++ MIDI player, which will also be installed.
After the installation, MidiSheetMusic will appear under the menu
Applications : Sound and Video